Friday, April 8

Friday Favorites

1. Spades
Last weekend we hung out with my dear friend T and her husband. I had never played before, but am hooked now!

2. Ice Cream Cakes
For the first time ever I did not make my husband's birthday cake (insert gasp...). Instead, I bought him an ice cream cake. My husband had one tiny slice but the rest somehow disappeared.....

3. The Kennedys
Can I just tell you how much I love this show!?! In case you've missed it, there will be a marathon showing  Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night is the finale. I read a great book on the family last year entitled Grace and Power.


5. I Love Lucy
I am a fanatic for all things I Love Lucy.


6. Upholstered Head Boards
I found a great DIY guide and plan to tackle this project during my summer break.
 Photo: Pottery Barn

7. E-Meals
Stay tuned for a detailed post on this.

8. Extreme Couponing
Has anyone else seen this?  This coincides with #7. It shows how shoppers can purchase hundreds of dollars worth of items for mere pennies. It airs on TLC.

9.Purex Linen and Lillies
I have always been a Gain or Arm and Hammer girl. That is, until a few weeks ago. I've been on the lookout for ways to save. While browsing the detergent isle I decided that my days of paying high prices for detergent were over. Smells great, works the same, and it's cheaper- that's what I'm talking about!
10. Avocados
 
As always, Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Joy said...

#6 - I can't wait to hear how this turns out. We are wanting a upgrade to a king size bed but we only want the bed... we are fine with the other furniture. So... I'm thinking about doing this for the new bed. But, I'll wait until you do it so I'll know how! =)

#7 - My neighbor does that. Overall, they like the food, but some of it they pass.

Have a great weekend!
http://joy-southernsocialite.blogspot.com/