Sunday, April 10

E-Mealz



Warning: This post is a tad lengthy and may only appeal to some.

A fellow teacher introduced me to this. I've always planned our meals out in order to save money and ensure that I buy everything I need for a few weeks at a time.

First, I would go through my recipes and pick out things we wanted to eat.
Then, I went through our picks and compiled my shopping list. I would also check for coupons to go along with the items I needed. I generally shopped for roughly two weeks worth of meals. This was always a time consuming process.

In comes E-Mealz to my rescue. It's extremely easy to use and takes the hastle out of meal planning and shopping. You simply select the store you normally shop at (Publix, Wal-Mart, etc..). Then you select the family size you are cooking for (couples, familes etc...) and then you select your diet (regular, vegetarian, low-fat, diabetic....). 

Click HERE to see sample menus and shopping lists.
Each week the people at E-Mealz browse through the sales lists and collect coupons, then they plan a five day menu for you. Thus, when you are doing your grocery shopping you know that you're buying sale items or can use coupons. I feel good knowing that I'm saving money!

Each Friday E-Mealz sends out your menu. I love their organization! Each day has a meal, a list of items you need, and the recipe. Plus, they give you a shopping list that is organized isle by isle- no more wandering around the store like a lost person. There is a list of staple items included at the bottom of your list. It also tells you the price of teach item you are buying and how much you should expect to spend overall. I've shopped for my weekly menu consisting of 5 recipes and spent less than $40! It's incredible! I simply print out my menu and shopping list and I'm ready to go! I keep the recipes we really like, then when one comes up on my plan that I'm not fond of, I can easily substitute.

In case you need a little more convincing, it's endorsed by Dave Ramsey himself.

If you're interested in joining, it's $15 for a 3 month subscription. When joining, enter the code word Dave to receive $3 off. Remember to enter my name as the person you heard it from- in doing so I also receive a discount.

Now, I'm off to Sunday evening service. Hope this was helpful.

Happy Meal Planning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is only one success - to spend your life in your own way.