Wednesday, December 29

2010- Our Year



Last New Year's my husband and I made each other a promise: 2010 would be our year. We stuck to that promise and saw all but one of our dreams realized.

January
I turned 24 on the 19th.

February
Enjoyed a beautiful snow day! I traveled to Birmingham to attend my first concert with my dear friend Mizz Hoppa- we saw John Mayer.

March
This was an exciting month. We sold our current place and found our new home- all during my Spring Break week. We began the month long process of buying a home and moved in with my Dad until we closed on our home.

April
This was a very busy month. We celebrated my sweet husbands 32nd birthday. We spent most of the month filling out paperwork and buying things for the house. We officially closed on our home on April 28th. We spent our first night in our new home on April 30th. I took off work and spent six glorious days getting acquainted with my new home. I was in heaven! We were both delirious with sheer joy!

May
We were thrilled to begin our happy little life of the little lake. We spent the month painting our house and making it a home. After months of job searching, I started getting call backs. We welcomed a new addition to our home, sweet Louie.

June
My elementary school did not let out until the 18th and then I taught summer school. I accepted a job teaching first grade at Sweet Water and began making the move and setting up my classroom.

July
We celebrated 5 blissful years of marriage! I finished up my classes at MSU and said goodbye to my coworkers as summer school came to and end, along with my time at Parkview Elementary. We spent most Saturday's in the back yard fishing with my Dad, nephew, and niece.

August
This was a fairly calm month. We didn't work on the house much. I started my new job and spent most of my time adjusting to a new school and a new grade. I officially graduated with my Ed.S degree from MSU.

September
I took the jump at 14000 ft. on September 11th.

October
I enjoyed decorating for Fall and we hosted our first party in our home (our housewarming party).

November
We began getting excited about spending the holidays in our new home. We traveled to Philadelphia to spend Thanksgiving with my Grandparents. I spent most of Thanksgiving week hunting with my Dad. I bagged the first buck of the season!
December
I attended the MSU graduation ceremony on the 10th. We had a wonderful first Christmas in our new home! We attended several Christmas parties/family dinners. We loved seeing all of our family!



2010 was our best year yet. These are just a few of the blessings our sweet Lord has showered on us. Looking back, it really was our year. My soul smiles as I think of the many happy and blessed days to come in 2011 as we continue to live our simple life and serve our loving God!

It is my sincerest hope that your year was as happy and blessed as ours.
We pray that 2011 will bring many more blessings your way!

See you next year!

No comments: