Monday, July 6

My Sister's Keeper

I've decided to start rating my books- so I give this one 3/5 stars.

Although the end of the book was interesting, the beginning drug on! There was a time when I considered putting it down- but I can't stand not finishing a book..... so onward I trudged. One of the reasons I chose this book was because the movie was coming out....but this too became frustrating. I finished the book at 2 a.m. Saturday morning - and I cried like a baby! We had planned on going to see it in theaters, but to our dismay it was not playing in Meridian. So, I really doubt that I'm going to drive 3 hours to Mobile or Jackson to see it (being as how I wasn't that into the book.) I'll wait and watch it when it comes out on DVD.

Here are three new books that I've picked up.
They're all Christian Fiction's that I've been wanting to read.

Home Another Way by Christa Parrish


A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist


The Deliverer by Lida Rios Brook
This book is actually the sequel to a book I read a few months ago- Lucifer's Flood- which I discussed in this post.

HEADS UP: To all of my fellow readers- Books-A-Million is having a good sale on books- particularly Christian Fiction. When I bought these new books last Monday the sale was 'Buy 2- Get 3rd Free'. Not bad- you might want to check it out.

I'm finishing up The Boleyn Inheritance- which I discussed here -and I plan on reading A Bride in the Bargain next. (I had put The Boleyn Inheritance down for a bit so I could read The Last Lecture before school let out.....then I found My Sister's Keeper.....but I'm back on it now! I forgot how much I enjoyed reading that series- I'll have to find the other books in the series and finish them up this summer). Speaking of which, I think I'll pick up the movie The Other Boleyn Girl today while I'm out.
Happy Reading!

No comments: