Saturday, July 11

The Boleyn Inheritance



I give this book 3/5 stars.
But, I give The Other Boleyn Girl 4/5.

Last night I finished reading The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory. It was not quite the page turner that The Other Boleyn Girl was- but it was still interesting. One of the reasons I've enjoyed reading this series is because I have a passion for history and Philippa Gregory goes to great lengths to ensure that her novels are historically sound. I did a bit of research on the wives of King Henry VIII and it's quite interesting! I was even able to find some of the love letters that King Henry wrote to his wives! Pretty neat! I would love to visit Europe one day- perhaps even take a tour of some of the places mentioned in this book. This book covered the two wives after Anne Boleyn- Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard (Henry's fourth and fifth wife). There is one or two more books in this series- but I'm going to save them until after I read a few others!

I'm now working on A Bride in the Bargain. I'm on a book roll these days- I've read two books in just over a week and I'm now on my third. I guess you know how I've been spending these hot summer days- curled up in my favorite over-stuffed chair reading (and trying to stay cool).

Happy Reading!

No comments: