Wednesday, January 21

Rock Yo' Body

After my run today ( 2.5 mi - 9'48" pace) I headed to Wolly World to pick up some fresh fruit and new sports bras. While there, I ended up getting a few new pairs of running pants.

Get home. Here's what I find....

I'm trying them on and am taken aback by the change in my body since I started training about 3 1/2 weeks ago (I'm training to run a marathon this year- see previous blog). I knew I had lost weight but hadn't really payed much attention to my body- I'm focused on distance/pace/endurance etc....


After I tried on a sports bra and pants I went to ask my hubby what he thought.

His reply: 'Your body's rockin'! =)

Ok....now I'm walking around the house in my new gym attire with my head in the clouds! I'm rockin'! haha

So, that's just given me even more excitement to go to the gym tomorrow, hit the 3 mile mark, get in the low 9 min. range for time, and.....

ROCK MY BODY!






I'll indulge you in a few hush-hush details....that's if you can actually read this fine print!! I'm hoping you can't!!! =) On Dec. 3 when I went for a checkup I weighed 147- the most I've EVER weighed in my life! Ugh....after running for months, I stopped and the weight RUSHED back x 2! I figure I gained at least 5 lbs. over the holidays because at New Years, the pants I wore to the Dr.'s office weeks earlier were noticeably tighter. I hadn't checked with a scale- but I figure I weighed 152-ish at the start of my training. I bought a scale last week- I now weigh 135! That's a loss of...hmm....let me do the math....about 17 lbs! I can see my weight going up a bit but that's due to muscle build ( I'm also lifting weights). Thanks to running my behind off (literally =) ) fresh fruits, lots of turkey meat, avacados, salads, green tea etc.. But I know that if I ever do slack up the weight will come back with a vengence! I'm giving myself one more week of training- then I'm posting a pic of me in my running gear so you can see how much I 'rock' these days! I'm also hoping that by Monday I'll be able to annoucne that I've hit the 3 mile marker- or that I've made 9'15 or lower. Cheer me on!

Bet ya didn't know I was going to let you get all up in my business!

Now, I've just got to decided which marathon I want to sign up for.....any suggestions?

2 comments:

{Amanda} said...

Are you going for a full 26.2 or a half? I would strongly suggest NOT doing the Mercedes Marathon as your first one (of course that'll be ~Feb '10 for the next one) because the course is terribly hilly. I know it started to kick my Dad's butt when he did it & learned to just walk up the hills and run down them.

Atlanta Marathon is in November or St. Jude (Memphis) is in December. Here's a race calendar: http://www.marathonguide.com/races/races.cfm

I'm hoping to still be able to do a 1/2 this year (with the stroller of course!) in either November or December.

Girl, I'm so proud of you!!!

Sylvia Grace said...

Thanks! I think I'm going for a 1/2. Perhaps we can sign up together and then you can fuss at me to keep me motivated! haha

I'll check out the calendar and see what's coming up. Thanks for the website =)