Thursday, January 22

Bye-Bye Tator Logs

Yesterday I blogged about picking up a few items at Wal-Mart. Well, while there I decided to pick up some of their tator logs (those huge french fries) and 2 small chicken legs from the deli. I ate them on the way home feeling SOOOOO guilty. Thoughts like the following were racing through my head.....this is not healthy, it will probably slow your body down a bit with all that grease, calories-calories-calories, if I start splurging I won't be able to stop, wait till you get home and eat some turkey breast....etc..

I ate them and savored every last bite!

Get home. Fine.

Go to bed. A bit quesy.

Wake up at 12:30 a.m. About to die.

I'll spare you the peachy details and just say that I haven't been that sick....or had that much come back up in a long time.

Lesson learned - stay away from greasy food when my concious is telling me to run the other way!

Oh, and avoid the tator logs - which breaks my heart because I have a long and fabulous love affair with them. I always pick up a bag when I'm in Wal-Mart.

Guess I didn't have to worry about the calories after all. I lost my dinner plus a few pounds to go with it due to dehydration.

Then again, maybe it was the chicken legs and NOT the tator logs.... Well, I'm not brave enough to test that hypothesis.

On a side note- after that horrible experience last night, I fought the urge to call in, went to work on 4 hours of sleep, made loads of headway, finished report cards, had a GREAT day with my kiddos, ran 2 miles at the gym, and managed to make it home before 7 o'clock. I'm hungry but not for tator logs and chicken. Tonight, I'm having the turkey breast! ;)

2 comments:

Layla said...

This is completely off topic, but how is Stori Telling. I'm dying to know. I've been debating on if it was worth the money to spend on it. Lemme know! :)

Sylvia Grace said...

It's okay- the beginning is a bit boring. But once you get to the part where she meets Dean , it's gets juicy!