Sunday, January 4

Last Day

Well, it's official....my last day off for Christmas break is coming to an end. Sigh. I woke up this morning with a twinge of disappointment in my belly. I can't believe tomorrow it's back to normal. Then again, I'm a bit relieved. I've been so ready for January to get here! For some reason once I get into January the second semester flies by! I've got....hmmm.....about 4 months and 3 weeks left of work before Summer break! For now though, I'm counting down the days until Spring break! If I can just make it through January then time will fly by!

I spent today getting a few things ready for the real world. Cleaned out my car, washed my dress pants, labeled my notebooks etc.. ( Grad school starts back on Wednesday). I must say that I ended my Christmas break with a splat.....=) let me explain.....

I went to my dad's to hang out and get away from home (after sitting at home for two weeks I'm about to die of boredom!). My nephew, Jacob, shot fireworks- then he decided to break out the water balloons! He'll be four later this month- and he is full of spunk. It ended up being myself and Jacob against my Daddy. We had a blast! I got a few good shots in and Daddy was only able to get me once. By the time it was over we were out of breath and soaking wet! Too much fun! Needless to say, this put me in a better mood!

So, I'm ready for work tomorrow! I'm ready to dig my heels in and get my babies where they need to be for first grade in the Fall. I'm ready to get started on the semester. The quicker I get started, the quicker it will be over! =) I'm ready to hear all about what Santa brought my babies and what they did over their break! I really do miss their worry free worlds! In the meantime, I'll continue to count down this year in chapters as I always do- countdown to my birthday, the countdown to Spring break, then Bobby's birthday, then the last day of school, then finishing comps and my master's degree this summer, then our 4 year anniversary in July, then the beginning of next school year in August, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, and then I'll be right back where I'm at now! =) One would think I'm wishing my life away! I'm not- I just like having something to look forward to! Before I know it, Christmas will be here again! For now though, I'm dreaming of those early Spring days filled with sunshine, warmth, and the happiness that it brings to my soul!

Okay, enough mindless blogging.......Goodnight!



Oh, I almost forgot. Tomorrow after I leave the gym, it's off to finding a new day planner. Dum, Dum, Dum........gasp! I know, this is always an ordeal. Wish me luck!

No comments: