Sunday, July 6

The week at a glance

Where do I start......Wednesday morning I left to spend a few days with my grandparents. I had a wonderful time! I drove home early Friday morning to spend the Fourth with our family. Here's what we've been up to these past few days.....

When I arrived Wednesday afternoon my grandmother had a delicious lunch for us. After we ate we headed out to the Grimes Family Camphouse. I helped my grandparents work in their garden and shuck corn. This was a messy job!

Thursday was a bit of a lazy day. My grandmother prepared a delicious breakfast consisting of pancakes and sausage. Needless to say my healthy diet was non existent this week! Marlene is a wonderful cook though and so I couldn't resist! I was lazy the entire day. I read my newest book and Marlene and I watched 'The Bucket List'. It's a really good movie- if you haven't seen it I would recommend it. Once the movie was over we headed out to the camphouse again. This time we were on a mission to catch some fish! We had a blast! I caught seven and my grandmother caught two. At one time she walked off and I caught two at one time! Now, I must admit that I was doing some very southern style fishing using a cane pole and hot dogs! Hey, it must be the best way because I caught the most fish by it. Here are a few pictures of the event.....

I caught two at the same time!

My grandmother, Marlene!Gorgeous scenery


After catching enough fish, we then had to clean them. This was a sight! When we finished I had fish scales from head to toe! Yuck. We decided to take the fish back to town and have Poppy, my grandfather, deal with the guts! After getting cleaned up we had a scrumptious fish fry!

Friday morning I headed home early enough to make a BLT pasta salad for the cookout festivities we would visit. First, we headed to Big Bobby's house. There, we had ribs, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad, homemade sourdough bread (yep, that's me!), and a blueberry dessert! Yummy! After eating until we were about to pop, Bobby and I played a few games of pool. I wish I could say I won at least one round, but I didn't!

Next, we headed to my dad's house to enjoy grilled hamburgers and a fresh cut watermelon- grown and picked just for the Fourth! Then, we sat around for a while and listened to Daddy's childhood stories- very interesting to say the least! Here's a picture of our Fourth of July watermelon....


Saturday morning I headed back to my dad's house to help make homemade ice cream. YUMMO! I spent the entire day just hanging out with my dad and eating ice cream. Once again, the diet was long gone by this point! Then, that evening Bobby and I headed to Meridian to browse around the stores- we didn't want to sit at home! All in all, we had a fabulous holiday weekend! I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

No comments: