Thursday, July 24

Adventures In Babysitting

Late this afternoon, our pastor, brother Mike, called and asked if I could babysit his youngest child, Emma. Of course I said yes! She is such a doll- we had a delightful time. She's about two, I guess, and full of spunk. We spent the evening watching cartoons (a first for me in a while), drawing, singing 'Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes', playing with my air conditioning vents, and eating lots of Popsicles. Yummy! She ate two all by herself! She was hilarious. She had on a sun dress, so the air would puff out her dress when she stood over our air vents. This was the greatest thing to her. She'd run from vent to vent, stand over them, and squeal with delight. You can ask her to "Show me your pretty eyes", and she'll look up and bat them at you- so sweet. My ribs ached from laughing at her so much! I think my afternoon with Emma has given me the baby bug- oh no! I told Mike and Amanda not to hesitate to let me keep her- anytime! Mike assured me he'd take me up on that offer. I have a funny feeling he meant what he said! Here are a few pics of sweet Emma....

No comments: