Friday, September 26

Our Little Saint

Our sweet girl had her first day of "school" this afternoon. She loved every minute and didn't bat an eye when I told her goodbye. She was busy being a social butterfly and enjoying all the excitement of big girl school.

We picked up her cheer uniform {for pep rally days} after leaving school and she insisted on wearing it all evening. She has gabbed nonstop about 'cool' {school} and keeps asking to go again.

As if sending her off to school for the afternoon wasn't enough emotional trauma for this momma, I scheduled her second hair cut that same afternoon. It was a painful day in my world. My baby is growing up!



This mommy has cried like you wouldn't believe. It was hard for me to agree with my hubby's suggestion, but I knew our sweet girl had been begging to go to school for several weeks now.

She will still be with Nanny J some, just not every day- all day.... and that's what breaks my heart.

My girl is now at big girl school, has a social life, and doesn't mind that she's not with me or Nanny 24/7..... It's too much for this Mommy to handle. It's like the first day of school or something.... well, I guess it is in a way since she will be there until she graduates. Where has the time gone?

Monday will be her first full day of school. We spent the weekend getting her school supplies {yes, she had a list!} and picking up some 'play clothes'. I'm used to sending her in sweet little smocked frocks and lovelies that I've made and picking her up all pretty and clean- that's so not going to happen now that she will be doing art and spending loads of time outdoors playing. Although I couldn't resist monogramming her art smock :)  I guess her baby years are over- now it's time for her to play in the dirt and be a kid :)

Nanny is going to stop in and check on her - just in case, and to help calm my nerves a bit :) We've discussed her diet restrictions in depth and they have been oh so kind and accommodating. They have a kitchen which makes it easier since most of her foods must be cooked {we can't just toss a PB&J sandwich in her bag}. They've even made sure their juices and snack are gluten free! Benefits of attending a small town academy.

I cannot wait to pick her up and hear all about her first day of school!

Here's to a new chapter in my growing girl's little world.

 photo Signature3.png

1 comment:

Oddball Mind said...

Where did the time go? !