Thursday, July 3

Baby Book Confession

When I found out I was pregnant, I spent way to much time trying to find the perfect 'pregnancy journal'. I filled it out with detail after detail.....for the first four months. Then, well it took a back seat and I haven't opened it since.

My best friend gifted me with the perfect baby book and I vowed that it would not face the same fate as the pregnancy journal.

Once again, I found the perfect shade of pink ink and filled in detail after detail of my little girl's life...for the first three months.

The baby book has become a catch-all of sorts. I keep everything, but instead of filing it away in the cute cardboard holders included in the book, I toss it inside the front cover and vow to one day tackle the challenge.

Are any of you moms out there in the same baby book boat?

To my defense, I kept detailed logs for each month of develop here on my 'digital journal'. I thought about cheating and just printing them out and pasting them in the baby book. But then again, there's something abut writing it out in my handwriting.

One thing I love abut blogging is that at then end of each year I can have my blog posts bound into a book... or diary of sorts. I do plan to do that specifically for the posts I've written for/about Mary Grace.

But there's still the baby book.

There comes a point where you've missed so much that it's overwhelming to even think about catching up.

My goal is to tackle the baby book before July ends. Daunting, yes. But completely doable. The first step is to actually get the book out and have it in sight. If it's where I can see it and easily get to it, then when I have free time I will be more likely to get started on it. Thankfully, I do have the monthly blog posts so I can reference those to get the details and facts straight.

I have committed to posting a baby book update at the end of the month to help keep myself accountable.

Wish me luck, friends!

 photo Signature3.png

No comments: