Thursday, May 29

First Dance Recital

My sweet ballerina was in her very first dance recital on May 24, 2014.

Rewind 26 years and that was me. It was like seeing myself at that age.

I am so thankful that I get to share in these precious times in my sweet girl's life. She and I have loved our Tuesday date nights which consist of dinner, a sweet treat, and end with dance class. She's a little different than me in that she prefers the gymnastics where I loved to dance. Either way, I hope she continues to enjoy dance/gym and I hope it is something she will want to be part of when she gets older.

The dance recital theme was "Alice in Wonderland" and it was broken into two shows. The morning show was mainly the gymnastics exhibition and the night show was the actual ballet and the Dancing PGA Style showcase. Thankfully we only had to do the early show because MG was one tired girl and I can't imagine having to bring her back that night for round 2.

She had a bit of stage fright at first and wasn't into the dance piece as much. For the Mom/Tot class, we {the moms} were on stage with them so that helped her a lot. She quickly regrouped and when we came back on for the gymnastics exhibition, she was fabulous. She did such a good job with her straddle rolls, jumps, front rolls over the barrel, walking on the balance beam, back tummy tucks, and hand stands. Sounds like pretty intense stuff, but it is all modified down for the little ones. It is a great class for the little ones to meet new friends, learn to follow directions, wait their turn, and build large motor skills and coordination.

They were oh so cute and I was one proud dance mom :) We are taking a break for the summer, but we are already looking forward to starting back this Fall. This upcoming dance year will be her last in Mom/Tot before she moves up to "big girl dance class".

Dance friends!

Selfie with my mini

Mary Grace and Savannah

We are the second on the left.

A bit blurry, but she was waving to the audience while walking the balance beam.
She was so proud of her trophy!
 photo Signature3.png

No comments: