Wednesday, July 3

Getting To Know Me {link up}


As a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community, I couldn't pass up this fun little link up. It's a series of questions to help other bloggers get to know you a bit more. I've enjoyed learning a little more about some of my favorite Alabama bloggers.


1. What part of the state do you call home?
We live in the teeny tiny town of Bulter. We are about two hours south of Tuscaloosa.


2. How long have you been blogging?
Since May of 2008 { 5 years }


3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to keep our out of town family in the loop. I had just graduated college and was entering my first year of teaching {exciting time}. Over the last five years my blog has grown and changed so much. I never thought I'd have so many people interested in our simple, small town life. Today my blog is a digital scrapbook of our family life, my daughter's journey and growth, and my rambling thoughts on everything.

4. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community?
In my small town there aren't many bloggers, so it's fun to meet other Southern ladies who share this hobby. I have stumbled across some great blogs that are so inspirational! Not to mention, Southern women have the best recipes ;)

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I'd like to be more patient and stronger in my faith.  I'd like to say that in 5 years we will be a family of four. Although we are done in the baby making department, we're interested in overseas adoption. Having been adopted myself {by my sweet Daddy}, it's always been close to my heart and something I'd like to do myself.

6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
Rachel McAdams. I love her! Plus, she looks great both blonde and brunette ;)


7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die?
  • Travel {Hawaii, New York, Africa and Europe - specfically Italy}
  • Retire and buy a condo at the beach
  • Adopt {See #5}
  • Run a 1/2 marathon
  • Celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary


8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why?
I'd like to be know as a woman of faith who loved.


By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13:35  {my life verse} 

9. Describe the best moment in your life.
 Marrying my husband and seeing my daughter for the first time.

10. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”?
An actress. I'd also like to own a bookstore.


11. What or who inspires you to blog?
Other bloggers, my family and friends, life in general.

12. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend?
Hmmm.... considering we only have a handful, that would be hard to say. Perhaps Ezell's Fish Camp on the river- you'll get a good dose of Southern!


13. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have?
We drink sweet tea :) Having lived in the North {Indiana} for a year, I realized that sweet tea is a truly Southern thing. And yes, we have been known to drink it from a mason jar.




14. If you could pick your favorite blog post from your blog this year, what would it be?
The letter I wrote to Mary Grace on her first birthday. You can read it here.


15. We all love social media, tell us your links so we can follow you!
You can follow me via Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. My media links are at the top of my sidebar.

No comments: