Thursday, June 27

Pinterest Project- {Sewing Closet Reveal}

I've been in desperate need of a sewing space for some time now. I had set up shop in our home office but it was such a hassle. I had to keep things packed up and out of the way of the hubby and little one. I am oh so in love with my new sewing closet. I don't have to constantly take things out or pack things up- which makes sewing so much faster and enjoyable.

I browsed Pinterest to come up with these inspirational designs.
We decided to go with this design for the shelving.



And here it is!










We had origianlly planned to use a kitchen counter for my workspace. I wanted something smooth that wouldn't snag my fabrics. We ended up using this large piece of crafter's board. It's super smooth and I love the way it looks. I added a light coat of stain and voila!

I could not be happier with the finished project. Tackling this project has jump started my motivation to complete others on our to-do list. Specifially, the tackle closet under our stairs. It's a jumbled mess of fishing poles, line, tools, and tackle boxes.

I am loving this design! We are thinking of doing something similar either on our porch or carport- that way it could also store our gardening supplies. I'll admit, the thought of moving the fishing gear  outside is very appealing!

 

That's all for today, lovelies!
Check back tomorrow for a very special Friday Five- complete with a jewelry giveaway!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! Adorable!