Wednesday, June 26

Easier Said Than Done



I should have known that after yesterday's upbeat post on being an optimist life would send a test my way.

Today is test day. And so far, I'm failing. But on the bright side, there's still time to turn things around!


1. My sweet Mary Grace has been fussy for two days now. She had two small spankings and time out before it was even lunchtime. {By spanking I mean a light pop on her hand/leg- no need to call DHS ;) } She has developed the habit of hitting/clawing/throwing things when she is told no or doesn't get her way. In her defense, we think her ear infection has returned. That means that in less than an hour we will be heading off to see the doctor. Having said that, whether she feels good or not, hitting/clawing/throwing things is not going to fly with this Mommy.

2. My foot is hurting a bit today and I'm assuming it's from being up and about the last couple of days.

3. To top it off, an issue with our garbage truck arose and I'm trying to deal with it and talk to my neighbor all while my child is having major meltdowns.

Fun times, I tell you. Remember when I said "it's not always rainbows and sunshine".


So, I'm trying to look on the bright side- but it is easier said than done.

I keep reminding myself of #1 - show gratitude.
  • Be thankful you have a foot. 
  • Be thankful you have a sweet baby- remember how long you waited for her!
  • Count your blessings- you have a beautiful home. Be thankful you have a home for the garbage truck to service.
  • Be thankful the sweet nurse took pity on you and worked you in this afternoon.
  • Be thankful Mary Grace is a good sleeper and you have a little time to collect yourself.
  • Be thankful. Be thankful. Be thankful.
 I think we are in need of some beach time :) 

A happier post is in store for tomorrow as I reveal my completed sewing closet- which I am oh so in love with!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Yes, tomorrow will be a good day! Also, don't forget to link up with the Alabama Women Bloggers and post your self interview... details here... http://www.alabamawomenbloggers.com/2013/06/20/do-you-know-your-sister-alabama-women-bloggers/