Friday, April 5

One Year

Today my baby turned the first of many corners in life. She's left the baby stage behind and is now a toddler- although in my heart, she will forever be my baby. My one wish for the day was to spend it entirely with her. And that's exactly what I did.

She was all smiles when she woke up, as if she knew today was her day. Last night I sat and rocked her far longer than normal. I tried to memorize each tiny feature of her- hands, fingers, hair, nose, lips.... I supposed I was afraid that she would change drastically overnight. I guess in a way she did.


{Wearing her 'big girl' shirt I made for her}

Our first stop was Cracker Barrel for her birthday breakfast. She tried a little of everything: bacon, eggs, grits, oatmeal, hash browns, biscuits with gravy. Her favorites were the hash browns and biscuits. Yummy!
{Lovey Bunny time}

{A sweet elderly man offered to take our picture. And while we both have a crazy look on our face, I had to share. It's the only one I managed to get of the two of us :) }
After breakfast it was time for those dreaded one year shots. Yuck! We headed to our favorite little ice cream shop to make up for it.


 We spend some time shopping for sweet pea, picked up her cake, then headed home for some Daddy time! 

After she was asleep, I sat up looking through all our photos of this past year, wondering where the time went! 

Happy Birthday, Mary Grace!
 

No comments: