Monday, January 2

A Little Scare

We had a little scare today, but everything is okay and sweet Mary Grace is just fine.

Yesterday afternoon I started hurting in my lower right abdomen. It started getting pretty painful, and last night blood was showing up in my urine. I immediately started forcing down lots of fluids and tried laying on my left side for a bit. A few hours later the situation was still about the same. I called the doctor's office at about 11:30, and the answering service transferred me to the on call doctor. He said I needed to come in to Labor and Delivery to get things checked out. We ended up at L&D this morning and we were reassured when Mary Grace was doing fine on the monitors. A little while later we started having some light contractions. I was already scared to death, but when the nurse came in and started talking about the contractions, I just lost it. I was terrified! Ultimately, the contractions were being brought on by a severe UTI. The infection was the reason for the blood showing up in my urine, the pain in my abdomen, and was even causing some light contractions.

After being monitored for a while, things started settling down. We were assured over and over that everything was okay and that we would be just fine. We were later sent home with some meds to help clear up the infection and orders to take it easy and stay well hydrated.

And while the nurses and staff were wonderful, I do not want to see them again until April!

So, Mary Grace and I have been hanging out on the couch taking it easy this evening. We made it back home around 4:00 this evening and other than the same tenderness in my lower abdomen, everything is okay. It's uncomfortable, but other than that I feel fine!

If a pesky little infection is all we have to worry about, then we can handle it! I know there are far worse things we could be facing! We are praising God for being with us and letting it be something minor! A special thanks to our prayer warriors and everyone who has called to check on us!

No comments: