Wednesday, June 29

Let It Be Known...

...that as of 6:15 p.m. this evening, I finished painting the very last bit of trim work in our home.

Since we bought our home last Spring, we've painted every single room in this house, 19 doors (all front and back so that's actually like 38), 2 sets of folding closet doors, all window facings and door facings,  all the molding, and approximately 3,082 square feet of baseboards. The baseboards I might add were the worst in that we were on our hands and knees painting those.

Here's what my week has consisted of:
  • Monday: trimmed out and painted one of the guest bedrooms and 2 linen closets.
  • Tuesday: began painting trim work and doors for these rooms, stained the new cedar shelves in the pantry.
  • Wednesday: put shelves back up in pantry and reorganized everything, finished the last bit of painting we had left.


Tomorrow I plan to clean out the bedroom I painted and get things together to donate/give away. Friday I'm planning to sand and re-stain my great grandmother's trunk, along with a few other odds and ends.

I'm afraid our house will no longer feel like home since we no longer have to spend every spare minute painting!

Now that all of the painting is over, I'm ready to dive head-first into some hardcore decorating.

And yes, I will list this under the label of 'milestones' because for these homeowners, it is a big one!

No comments: