Friday, November 19

6 years

Six years ago today I was baptized.

One night in August of 2004 I had an overwhelming sense of God calling me. I walked into a church that was near my apartment in Birmingham. I had never been there before and really didn't know why I was there then. I told the first person I saw that I needed to talk with someone. I remember she found the pastor, and he and I spoke. Then, his amazing wife talked with me. I started going to her ladies class, and later I took a job working in the day school (which is when I began feeling that God was calling me to teach- a huge change from pre-med, my current major). I met some really great young women who encouraged and supported me. Then, a few months later on Nov. 19, 2004 I was baptized.

I believe that there are times in life when God calls us into the 'desert'. Birmingham was my desert.

The night I waked into the church, they gave me a Bible. One of the verses they highlighted for me to read is below. I could not sleep that night when I returned home. I felt such a sense of peace. I stayed up reading this verse over and over.

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.

Psalm 71:20

Today, I am celebrating 6 years and giving GOD praise for all he has done for me.



The day of my baptism.