Saturday, September 6

Fried Dill Pickles Fridays


Friday nights are fried dill pickle nights! There is a small restaurant in our town that makes fried dill pickles. Anyone who knows me well knows that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pickles! I eat a jar of them every weekend! I also love fried dill pickles! So, every Friday night I head to J&K Whistle Stop and get a large order of fried dill pickles. It's like my sweet, or should I say sour, treat at the end of each week! YUMMO! Bobby had to work today so I'm on my own for lunch. Hmmm......I think I might order some for lunch today! I can never eat too many fried dill pickles!

I also cook these delicious treats at home. I love to make them as a snack for a good movie- they're better than popcorn any day! My recipe is a little different from J&K's (I think mine taste better- but I love not having to cook on Fridays).

Sylvia Grace's Fried Dill Pickles
1 jar of kosher dill pickles- whole (I like to cut them up myself. But you could buy them sliced)
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of corn meal
Canola Oil
1 tsp. salt

Mix flour, salt, and corn meal together. (J&K only uses flour. Corn meal makes them a bit more crispy-which is how I like them!). Slice pickles thinly (about the width of two quarters). Coat pickles in flour mixture and place in oil. I cook mine in a small fry daddy on about 350 degrees. Let pickles cook until golden brown. Place on a towel to absorb oil. Then, sit back, relax, and ENJOY!



Well, I'm off to call in an order of Fried Dill Pickles!

No comments: