Wednesday, April 22

Home Is Where We Park It

I have fallen off the blog wagon, but alas I am hoping to get back on track. Hey, at least I finally blogged about Mary Grace's birthday party!

 We have so many exciting things happening right now and I want to journal about this exciting time in our lives.

First off, as some of you may know, our home is selling. We are thrilled to start a new chapter in our lives and building our 'forever home'. Although the packing and moving part is getting the best of us. We are trying to enjoy our last couple of weeks in our home.

When discussing where we would live during our time in house 'limbo', we decided we would buy a camper.

Ya'll have no idea. Is it insane to love a camper this much? We have wanted one for years and decided that it would be our best investment, rather than renting for a few months.

We took our first camping trip this past weekend and had the time. of. our. lives.

We are already booked for another fun getaway on Mother's Day weekend. And although we loved Archusa, we wanted to try out some different places and explore. Bob is also looking into booking us at Clarke Co State Park for next weekend- we've been told they have a fabulous splash pad and is very kid friendly.

And yes, we are already planning to park our 'home on wheels' at the beach the month of June.

It felt like we were in another world. My good friend Sassy is always talking about how much they enjoy camping, and my sweet Aunt B has been telling us forever to dive into the 'exclusive camping club' as she calls it.

Good times ahead!

My view :)

Good times!

Squirrel watching


Our happy place!


Of course our first time out was a learning experience. We quickly realized we needed to work on our set up and entertainment. We purchased a flat screen so on our next rendevous we will have something for little miss to do while indoors at night. We are also bike hunting. I found this little beauty and kiddy bike trailer- I cannot wait to take it for a spin with my best girl! We are still looking for the right bike for Bob.


 


We are also looking into some rope lights, grilling gear, a large outdoor rug, chairs, and small tables.  I bought this little lovely for Bob's birthday to use while we camp. It's amazing! It's very roomy and the mosquito netting was a must since MG swells up like a melon when bitten. Plus, it's nice being able to leave your food/snacks outdoors after grilling without the bugs eating it all.



But my favorite thing to shop for has been the 'sign'. Everyone at our last campsite had the cutest little signs so I have been on the hunt. I've finally found a cute design and a friend at work is going to paint it for us :) I plan to have it say "Life Is An Adventure. Just Go  - The James Family". 

How cute is that little lovely?

Seriously though, we have developed an addiction to camping! So much fun!

 photo Signature3.png

No comments: