Friday, March 30

Feeling Like A Goldfish




Everyone has been super sweet and supportive during this pregnancy- especially during the last few months. We have felt so loved and cared for by so many people and we are so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family.

However, lately I've been feeling like a goldfish. It started when the doctor took me off the medication for preterm labor. We were told we'd go into labor within a few days, but here we are, two weeks later and we're still hanging in there. I'm thankful we've made it this far and will not have to deal with the issues that come with a premie. These days I'm getting multiple calls, texts, and  messages daily- and they are all wanting to know the same thing- "Are we going to have a baby today?" I haven't been sleeping good lately, so I've been napping a lot throughout the day- this coupled with headaches and a general yucky feeling { hey, I'm 9 months pregnant, this is expected }. Thus, I'm just not up to all the calls. I know people are calling because they care, but it's been a bit overwhelming. My husband has even started getting calls/texts wanting to know the same thing. I've had my phones on silent lately, but then a whole new issue arises when I don't answer a call- they think we're in labor. I don't know what to do other than to thank everyone for their love and support, ask for a few days outside of the 'fish bowl',  and to promise that when the time comes everyone will know.

As the saying goes: A watched pot never boils!

No comments: