Thursday, March 29

38 Weeks

How Far Along? 38 weeks
Size of Mary Grace? According to thebump.com, sweet MG is weighing 6.2-9.2 lbs and is about the size of a pumpkin.
Maternity Clothes? Still with the yes and no…it’s whatever covers my belly these days. 
Weight Gain? At our appointment on Wednesday, I'd gained exactly 30 pounds.
Stretch Marks? None that I can see!
Gender? A sweet baby girl!   
Sleep? I've realized that you don't have to wait until the baby is here to experience a lack of sleep.
Food Cravings? Cherry Coke, cantaloupe, those chocolate covered marshmallow eggs that only come around at Easter, and cherry vanilla Blue Bell ice cream. I haven't had many cravings throughout this pregnancy, but for the last week or so my appetite has been making up for lost time!
What I Miss? Being able to do “normal” activities without getting tired,  coffee, running, and just feeling 'human'.
Symptoms? Loads of contractions (what else is new), swollen feet that at times resemble elephant feet, headaches, a few dizzy spells, and overall just exhausted.
Belly Button? Definitely an outie.
Best Moment of the Week? Hmm.... does the lack of heartburn the last few days count? 
 
 
In other news, I've had several people calling and checking on us after our little 'adventure' on Wednesday. I thought updating everyone on here would be easier than going through it over and over via phone/facebook.  At my appointment, my blood pressure was elevated- something I've never had an issue with. This, along with the swelling and headaches, was enough for us to be sent to Labor and Delivery for observation and lab work. The doctor wanted to make sure everything was fine, and it was! Our lab work came back good- no preeclampsia for me! We were told to just take it easy and rest to try and manage my blood pressure. So, that's what I'm doing these days- that and working on developing patience! I wish she'd hurry up and make her debut! 

No comments: