Saturday, October 2

Our Home- The Laudry Room

Before....
  • A truly hideous shade of yellow. It was almost neon.
  • There was a hole in the wall where a sink/cabinet combo should have been.
  • The wall above the stairs was just sheet rock- did not even have primer.
  • Non of the doors, trim, window seals, or baseboards were painted.




After.....
  • Paint color: Subtle Oatlands Taupe. (A light khaki color with gray undertones).
  • Trim color: Du Jour
  • We installed a cabinet/sink combo, and storage cabinets above the sink.
  • We spent countless hours caulking doors, trim, molding, etc... I spent an entire day on my knees just painting the baseboards.
  • Made curtains for the windows.
The back door looks much better now that it's painted. It was a dingy primer white.



Found this little guy at Ross back in the Spring. It was only $8!


We still have to install trim for the staircase. We've just been lazy lately. :)
Please excuse the tackle boxes/fishing gear on the stairs.
Half bath in laundry room.

And lastly, the view from the windows :)

I am very blessed to have a large laundry room. Our LR before was barely big enough for one person to squeeze into! :) Our new laundry room is bigger than our old master bedroom. I still want to add a potted plant or two, some decorative pieces on the walls, and maybe a bench.


On the sewing front, I finally got around to unpacking all of my sewing gear. My first project was curtains. I'm really liking the curtains I made for the laundry room. I tried several different things with them before deciding on just a simple valance.

My messy breakfast table :) It's serving as my sewing spot until we can get my official sewing room painted.

It took me forever to decide on fabric.

I thought I wanted something like this, but once I hung them I decided against the idea. Instead, I'm going to use this version in our office.

I think the simple valance worked best.



I'm posting before/after pics of our office next. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

ACCESS Basement Conversions Ltd said...

This blog post is very wonder full and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.