Saturday, October 2

Homecoming Week

Consider yourself warned.
This post will probably come across as boring and long to most of you- but I wanted to post it for the sake of my journal.

Our theme was "Peace Love and Bulldogs- Groovin' down in Bulldog Town'.
Monday was 70's day.
Tuesday was crazy hair day. The day before I read the book Stephanie's Ponytail, so all the girls in my room wore a crazy ponytail (even me, but I thought I'd spare you the picture ;) )
Wednesday was Country/Western day.
Thursday was twin day.
Friday was purple and gold day (our school colors).

There was a door decorating contest, and a first-second-third place winner for each building. I have an AMAZING group of parents this year. One in particular, whom I will call Crafty Momma volunteered to decorate my door for me. You may remember my post about receiving a 'happy' on my first day of school, well this mom is the one who sent it to me.

Crafty Momma did an excellent job! Our door won first place for our building! The kiddos were thrilled! I also had several parents (including Crafty Momma) volunteer to do our float for the homecoming parade. They took care of everything and we had the best float at the parade! ;)

I tried snapping a few pics, but they didn't turn out to well. Sorry!

I am blessed to have such a great group of parents!

Since it was a 70's theme, all of the kiddos brought a white t-shirt. We tie-dyed them so they would all have matching shirts to wear on the float. At 12:00 on Friday I was up to my eyeballs in tie-dying! To make it simple, we just used markers to color the shirts. Here are some pics- I thought they turned out great.

The kiddos coloring the 'stubs' as they called it (the parts twisted with rubber bands).

The finished product.
Homecoming week was a blast! I had to work the game last night, but it was still a fun game! We won, 63-0. Everyone showed great school spirit- and we all had a fun, exciting week.

But, this first grade teacher is looking forward t0 a regular week of school starting Monday. I'm exhausted!

No comments: