Wednesday, March 3

getting it together

Warning
I'm writing this post during the middle of a huge pity party.
Please excuse the complaining and proceed at your own risk.

I've always been organized, prepared, and ready for whatever life throws at me. At work I've always been cool, collected, READY! In school I've always been thoughtful, thorough, and PREPARED.

This year, I can't seem to get my act together.

This has, by far, been my worst year of college. I'm being pulled in so many directions. Work for me this year has been so busy and mentally draining that I literally crash on the couch for the weekend. Needless to say, the last thing I feel like doing at the end of the day, or on the weekend, is school work. So, I'm waiting until the last minute to do things and not really caring all that much about my assignments.

I'm done. What once brought me so much joy- joys of succeeding and learning new things- now gives me that sick feeling in my belly. I've ran at high speeds on the treadmill of college for so long without a break that I'm reaching my point of exhaustion. I still want my Ph.D, but I'm ready for this much needed upcoming break. To show just how much I'm over it, I made a C and took it with a smile! :) ~In my defense, it was in statistics (which I believe is what killed my love for school).

Last semester I was in school so much- 3 days a week I had class until just after nine (remember, I live an hour away so I still have the peachy drive home to look forward to). This semester my time on campus is less thanks to hybrid courses. Having said that, this is the semester that I have to conduct my research study- and to be honest, I'm jut not feeling it.

Adding to it all is the fact that I've been sick for over three weeks. Yes, I finally conceded defeat and went to the doctor (only to take my shot like anything but a big girl ;) ).

I have absolutely zero energy or get-up-and-go about me. I want to sleep away this entire month.

So, I'm trying to tell myself to buckle down for just four more months. I tell myself that, my brain comprehends it, but my tired soul is not having it.

Here's to hoping that I can finally get my act back together.

2 comments:

Theresa Tyson said...

Hey girl, sorry you have been sick. I hope you are feeling better now that you went to the doctor. This has been a rough year for me too!! We need to just hang out and have some fun.

Sylvia Grace said...

I think a good case of 'fun' is just what I need :)

We ought to go to the beach for Spring Break for just a night or so.... get out of Choctaw County :)