Wednesday, March 25

First Night- This New Season

Ya'll, I just put my baby to sleep in her big girl bed. 

Heart, be still.

As hard as it was not to cry when I took down her crib earlier, I saved my sobs for later and put on a face of awe and excitement for my sweet girl. 

She asked me if I would lay with her and I wondered how anyone could pass up such a sweet moment as that. So I laid with her and enjoyed some whispers and giggles before I finally watched her drift off to sleep. 

I kept thinking this is wrong- she's not old enough for this. Surely time hasn't passed this quickly. It seems like only yesterday she was a newborn sleeping under this same headboard.

It seems like only yesterday....

But it wasn't.
 
It was almost three years ago. The looming birthday party reminds me that three years have already passed. Over half of my time with her during her little years are gone- years where she is my tiny girl and not a big girl going to school and growing up.

After she fell asleep I kissed her a hundred times and whispered prayers over her. At the same time I felt my Father whispering over me... My beloved, to everything there is a season. 

So although I am sobbing as I write this, my heart is embracing this new season, giving thanks for the ones that have passed, and looking forward to those that have yet to come.




No comments: