Tuesday, October 1

Au Naturel

Confession: While I have loved my blonde locks, I despise hate having roots.

Even more than roots, I hate forking out so much moolah on highlights every 5-6 weeks.Even more than that, I loathe the dry, damaged hair left behind by the harsh chemicals.

I considered going dark brunette again, but I still had roots since it wasn't my natural.

Oh, what's a girl to do?

I decided to give Amy and the Ombre look a try. I told her I liked the ombre look, but wanted to keep it subtle and get back close to my natural too. I was oh so nervous since I was using someone new to not only cut, but color, my hair.

She did a great job and I love it. It may not be as pretty and shiny as before, but it's healthier, cheaper, and most of all, just the way God made me. I was a bit nervous about going back natural, since it's not the shiny happy blonde, or the dark, warm chocolate. I'm willing to trade in a little shininess in the hair department for less stress, mess, and money. Here's to being au naturel {at least until I have to start covering up grays, anyway}.

Sweet Simplicity.

No comments: