Sunday, October 26

Girls Night Out

I'm horribly late on posting this being as how it happened 2 weeks ago......but I'm posting it nonetheless. My fellow Sunday School member and kindred spirit, T, and I decided to have a girls night out. For months we had been planning on visiting Paint & Pals in Mobile. Well, we finally got around to it. We spent the afternoon eating, shopping, having girl talks, and then painting. So, here's a quick recap of our fabulous trip!

After driving for 2 1/2 hours to get to Mobile we were starved. T introduced me to this fabulous Bar-B-Q shack. It was adorable! The food was amazing and the atmosphere was unique! I will definitely pay this place another visit! Those hot wings and baby back ribs were sinful!

I loved this picture next to our booth.
"Husband: Where's all the grocery money I give you?"
"Wife: Stand sideways and look in the mirror!"

Antiques were everywhere! Hope this isn't where they keep the food!

After stuffing our faces we headed to the Bel Air mall to do some shopping. I will admit, I took my entire month's shopping allowance thinking I would find some super cute buys. Not the case! It never fails- when you have money and are wanting to go shopping, you never find anything you want! Case in point, I left the Bel Air mall with only three items- a cute pea coat jacket, PJ bottoms for the hubby ( I always try and bring him something home), and the SATC movie! I was a pitiful shopper to say the least!

After shopping as much as we could, we headed over to Paint & Pals studio- which is located right behind Bel Air mall. This place was fabulous! You check out their website and pick a night you would like to come. Each night they paint a different canvas. We happened to sign up for 'Open Canvas' night- this is where you pick any canvas from their site or any picture you like from Art.com and they walk you through the steps of painting it! You sit with girlfriends, sip wine, listen to music, and paint your canvas! T and I are kindred spirits in our love for hobbies, crafts, painting, decorating, etc....We had a blast to say the least! I painted 'Chinese Blossoms' and T painted 'Funky Red Cross'. We're already talking about going back soon! Here are some pics....


If you're interested, here's the link to Paint & Pals.

No comments: